Transforming form(s), meaning(s), and lifestyle(s) in a global context
The Department of Philosophy and Education of the University of Turin and the Luxembourg School of Religion & Society have signed a Memorandum of Understanding
- Prof. Dr. Gianluca Cuozzo, Prof. Dr. Jean Ehret
On April 4th, 2019, Prof. Dr. Gianluca Cuozzo, the Director of the Department of Philosophy and Education of the University of Turin and Prof. Dr. Jean Ehret, the Director of the LSRS signed a memorandum of understanding promoting a future interdisciplinary collaboration between these institutions and their faculty members. In this context, scholars from each institution will teach together, organize international conferences, and work on joint publications.
The University of Turin has a very rich heritage in philosophy, so much so that one can speak of a “Turin School” of thought. Presenting the past and present original work to a “northern” public will help to raise questions about renewing forms of thought and lifestyles in the context of a global responsibility and global awareness.
The LSRS and its international, interdisciplinary staff offers a unique setting for investigating the mutual relationship between religions and their theologies, institutions, and members, on the one hand, and contemporary, pluralist, liberal, and secular societies on the other.
Both the Department of Philosophy and Education of the University of Turin and the Luxembourg School of Religion & Society strive to live up to the challenge of helping to build a principled and worthwhile global future.
Upcoming events will be published on our website.
- Visite du Pr Mouez Khalfaoui, Professeur de droit islamique à l’Université de Tübingen, à la LSRS
- Aider la reconstruction et la réconciliation
- Ikonen – Brücken zwischen Himmel und Erde
- Research Seminar: “Towards a Morphology of Thought” – « Pour une morphologie du penser »
- Security as a common good
- Bibel und Archäologie – oder: Kann man tatsächlich die Bibel durch Ausgrabungen beweisen?