Reading night: Purple Hibiscus (2003) by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu
The LSRS is pleased to invite you to the Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer, on Tuesday, 21st January 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is an acclaimed novelist and feminist activist born in Nigeria in 1977. We will read together several passages from her first novel, Purple Hibiscus (2003), which received numerous literary awards, and we will talk about feminism and postcolonialism, as well as cognitive framing and developmental trauma.
No previous knowledge of the author’s work is required in order to attend this event.
Tea, coffee and chocolate are provided
Ten places available
Please sign up before 20th January: diana.mistreanu lsrs.lu
University of Luxembourg
Maison des Sciences Humaines (Aquarium, 3rd floor)
11, porte des Sciences
- Nouvelles Religiosités et Évangélisation
- Publications . Publikationen
- Section « Sécularisation, pluralisme, transmission »
- Québec et Luxembourg, sociétés laïques et pluralistes – Enjeux d’initiation et de transmission
- Twenty-first century religion – European and global perspectives
- Présentation du département « Religion, communication, éducation »